With the launch of the seventh generation, Mazda3 sets a new milestone as the first production model that led the company to a new premium era.
The new Mazda3 generation adopts the mature style of Kodo design in both the flap and sedan versions.
Despite sharing the same nameplate, the flap and sedan models have distinct personality – the flap design is dynamic and the sedan is elegant.
The Astina flap has black metal 18-inch alloy wheels, and the sedan derivatives have a gray lining and the Astina model, silver metal 18-inch rims.
Mazda3 goes up
Craig Roberts, Managing Director Mazda South Africa, said: "Mazda3 is a strategic model that drives Mazda's growth from both a brand and business perspective.
"The sixth generation Mazda3 has provided renowned Mazda with the pleasure of driving over 12,000 customers in South Africa. Our mission is to build on this heritage and to provide a product that exceeds the expectations of customers and the industry standard in the new Mazda3.
"The new generation of Mazda cars will increase the value of car ownership experience. Thanks to these products, Mazda South Africa, together with our trading partners, intends to further improve the value of the Mazda brand and strive for the goal of building our customers' stronger bonds. "
The center console has been redesigned with the shift knob moved forward, the new driver and the armrest, while the cup holders are moved forward. This new configuration provides a more natural feel to every driver.
The new Mazda3 offers two interior color options; black and, exclusively in the Mazda3 tailgate, optional leather upholstery in burgundy.
The upgraded MZD Connect screen has improved system performance, standard Android Auto and Apple Carplay and a head-up display.
Mazda3 was the first to introduce the completely new Mazda Connect 8.8 "Infotainment" screen, supporting the MZD Connect standard on all models.
The standard is also a completely new, 3-way 8-speaker sound system from the Active model and a 12-speaker BOSE system from the Individual model.
The new leather steering wheel with illuminated controls and switches expresses luxurious tips. Standard features such as a 7-inch display with configurable TFT display, Bluetooth and phone connection, remote key-free access, key ignition, automatic lock, automatic headlamps and wipers, electronic parking brake, new knee airbags and two USB input connector, raises Mazda3 to premium status.
Among the long list of standard features are touch windows for the driver and passenger, LED headlamps and leveling headlights, and models of parking sensors and Dynamic cruise control.
The new additional features of the Individual model include frameless automatic dimming of the rear view mirror, full automatic climate control and a 10-level adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support. The additions to the Astina model include rear air vents, a rear-view camera, rear combination lights, daytime running lights and adaptive LED headlights.
The new Mazda3 generation uses the improved Skyactiv-Vehicle Mazda architecture. Various vehicle dynamics improvements, such as redesigned seats, the returned body structure and a completely new suspension absorbing vibrations on the road, as well as G-Vectoring Control Plus on 2.0L, all ensure a smoother and more pleasant driving experience.
The propulsion system includes the latest Skyactiv-G 1.5L and 2.0L engines. As an Entry package option, the active derivative will be available with the 1.5L engine in the manual version.
The dynamic 1.5L engine in both the manual and automatic gearboxes will package the Core offer, while the Individual 1.5L in both the manual and automatic versions and the Astina 2.0L in the automatic version will offer the High package.
The Skyactiv-G 1.5L engine will be available with a six-speed manual and six-speed automatic production of 88 kW / 153 Nm.
The Skyactiv-G 2.0L engine will be available in six-speed automatic production with a maximum power of 121 kW / 213 Nm.
Mazda is committed to maximizing passenger safety in the new Mazda3 by installing active safety measures to help identify potential hazards early on and reduce the risk of damage or injury.
These include the extensive use of Mazda's advanced safety technologies, as well as i-ACTIVSENSE, which allow the driver to enjoy every trip, in all road conditions. i-ACTIVSENSE combines the basic aspects of the performance of excellent dynamic performance with linear response and clear visibility to support the driver through all drive processes of cognition, assessment and performance.
The Mazda3 Astina i-ACTIVSENSE safety functions include adaptive LED headlamps (ALH), rear cross motion alarm (RCTA) and blind spot monitoring (BSM).
Hill Launch Assist (HLA) is available for all models along with standard safety features such as ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System), Anchor Anchor Points for Children (ISOFIX), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Electrical Force Distribution (EBD) )), Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), as well as driver, passenger, knee, side and curtain airbags.
Mazda's commitment to safety has been confirmed by Euro NCAP with a maximum five-star rating at the beginning of this year.
Mazda3 is sold with a 3-year unlimited service plan. In order to ensure complete peace of mind, the 3-year factory warranty, 3-year roadside assistance and a 5-year corrosion guarantee are also included.
Mazda3 1.5L Active Manual Hatch – R359 900 / Sedan – R357,000
• Max. 88 kW at 6000 rpm
• Max. Torque 153 Nm at 4000 rpm
• 6-speed manual transmission
• 8 speaker system
• Spotlights – Automatic switching on / off
• LED spotlights
• Leveling the headlights
• 16-inch silver alloy wheels
• Front wipers sensing rain
• SRS airbags: driver, passenger, knee, side and curtain
• Intelligent start of the engine using a key-free button
• Auto Hold
• Automatic door lock
• Aircon (Manual)
• MZD Connect system
• 8.8 "display screen
• Commander's knob
• Apple Carplay and Android Auto
• USB connection ports – 2 ports
• Bluetooth hands-free system
• Multifunctional steering wheel with control
• Adjustable steering wheel with tilt and telescope adjustment
• Seat with adjustable driver height
• Seat upholstery – black fabric
• Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
• Dynamic stability control (DSC)
• Electronic brake force distribution (EBD)
• Emergency braking assistance (EBA)
• Head-Up Display (HUD)
• Electronic parking brake (EPB)
• Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
Mazda3 1.5L Dynamic Manual – Hatch – R374 200 / Sedan R371 300 Auto 1.5L Hatch – R387 000 / Sedan R384 100
• Cruise control
• Automatic dimming of the rear view mirror
• Steering wheel wrapped in leather
• Gear knob covered with leather
• Rear armrest in the middle seat with drinks holders
• Rear parking sensors
Manual Mazda3 1.5L Ind – Manhole R421 900 / Sedan R418 800 Auto 1.5L – manhole R434 700 | Sedan R431 600
• Intelligent advanced keyless access
• Automatic folding of mirrors
• Dual zone climate control
• Frameless automatic dimming of the rear view mirror
• 7-inch digital TFT LCD meter
• Standard upholstery of black leather seat
• Optional leather upholstery in burgundy-red (Hatch only)
• 10-way adjustable driver's seat
• Driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support
• 12 BOSE speakers with a subwoofer
• 18-inch alloy wheels
• 18-inch gray alloy wheels (only in the Hatch version)
Mazda3 2.0L Astina Auto – Manhole R474000 / Sedan 470 800
• Max. 121 kW at 6000 rpm
• Max. Torque 213 Nm at 4000 rpm
• Daytime running lights (DRL)
• Combination rear lights (RCL)
• Adaptive LED headlights
• G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC Plus)
• Dead spot monitoring (BSM)
• Traffic Alert at the Rear (RCTA)
• Parking sensors – rear
• Turn the camera over
• Integrated navigation
• Rear air vents
• Automatic paddle transmission switches
• Sunroof – Power sliding and sliding window
• 18-inch alloy wheels
• 18-inch black alloy wheels (Hatch only)