Sunday , August 18 2019
Home / argentina / Women received 76% of HIV tests in Salta

Women received 76% of HIV tests in Salta



July 16, 2019 – 2:28
He informed that in the first semester 1473 free tests were carried out. Most are young. Detection campaigns are continued.

The program of HIV, STI and viral hepatitis at the Ministry of Public Health reported that in the first six months of this year campaigns were conducted for 1.473 tests to detect human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), syphilis and hepatitis B tests conducted in the capital and Inside.

Consequently, the head of the provincial program Laura Caporaletti pointed out that 76% of them were women and the remaining 24% were men who participated in periodic campaigns in which access to a free diagnosis is easier and confidential

The age range in which more people were tested ranges from 25 to 29 years, in total 279, then from 15 to 19 years, from 265, and from 20 to 24 years, from 247 years. .

As the age progresses, the demand for tests falls: from 30 to 34 years, 206; between 35 and 39, 150; between 40 and 44, 104; between 45 and 49, 100; between 50 and 54, 50; between 55 and 59, 23; between 60 and 64, 10; between 65 and 69, 9; between 70 and 79, 5 years old. In the extreme age, there were 22 children under the age of 15 who asked to know their serological status and two people over 80 years of age.

Of all diagnostic tests, a positive case was detected for HIV reagents, 26 for syphilis and none for hepatitis B.

Periodic advisory campaigns on sexually transmitted diseases are being conducted, in which access to free diagnostic tests and confidential reports is promoted and facilitated, for which there is no need to ask for a change or presentation of a medical order, or to participate in fasting.

In this way, people of both sexes can learn, through a simple and confidential procedure, their HIV serological status to avoid late diagnoses that may promote the progression of infection.

Knowledge of the presumed diagnosis allows the person to deepen the relevant research and, if necessary, obtain access to treatment with antiretroviral drugs, which are free in public hospitals and through social work.


Source link