Kayla Goodfield, CTV News Toronto
Posted Monday, November 5, 2018 5:16 EST
Revised: Monday, November 5, 2018 5:18 EST
The accused serial killer, Bruce McArthur, is scheduled to appear in court on Monday morning after he gave up his preliminary investigation two weeks ago.
McArthur is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Supreme Court at 9am.
After surrendering the right to a preliminary investigation on October 22, CP24 criminal specialist Steve Ryan said that one of the reasons for the accused person to do so is to prepare for guilt.
Advocate McArthur had previously told the court that his client had admitted that there was sufficient evidence in the case to go directly to the trial, bringing the case to the Supreme Court.
The 67-year-old self-employed gardener faces eight first-degree murders in connection with the death of Andrew Kinsman, Selim Esen, Majeed Kayhan, Sorousha Mahmudi, Dean & 39; Lisowick, Skandaraj Navaratnam, Abdulbasira Faizi and Kirushny Kumar Kanagaratnam.
Many men were involved in the LGBTQ urban community and were reported as missing.
After monthly investigations, McArthur was arrested in January.
When the investigation took place in the following months, the officers said they found the remains of eight men in or near Leaside, where McArthur kept tools for his landscape activities.
Researchers have previously said they do not believe there are other alleged victims.
None of the allegations have been proven in court.