A similar incident involving Linky took place a month ago in the same city.
The Monde.fr with AFP
The Linky meter, installed outside the meat store in Châteytte-sur-Loing (Loiret), caused a fire without causing injury, a month after a similar incident involving Linky in the same city. A counterattack fire occurred on Friday, November 9, at noon, according to firefighters and the police, confirming the information from the Central Republic.
"The origin of the fire would be accidental", said the police source AFP. Owner of the premises "Boucherie du Center" he expressed his intention to lodge a complaint against Enedis. His new counter was installed three months ago, in his absence. Films made by witnesses show a smoking room. We see that the fire begins with a crackling, then black smoke and finally with flames.
The second incident
This is the second time in less than a month, when the Linky counter is involved in a fire in this city with almost 13,000 inhabitants. On October 13, he had a counter placed in the pavilion for fifteen days "Unfolded", according to the owner's words. The pavilion was seriously damaged, and its two residents, a retired couple, were evacuated. "Electricity meter can not explode or ignite spontaneously"said Enedis.
Until now, there is nothing to determine the origin of the fire. The duty officer at Enedis Center-Val de Loire said he was waiting for the results of the survey. "The meters have been tested in the laboratory and do not explode, have no breathing effect", he said the frame, stating that only "2% of electric fires in France are due to the counting of tables, the number of which has not changed for years".
Installed at a rate of 30,000 a day, green anise meters now equip 11 million households. The legislator requires that Enedis, a subsidiary of EDF, cover the territory, ie about 35 million meters by 2021. So far, 91,000 Linky meters have been installed in Loiret.