WHAT WE KNOW
– The knife attack occurred around 9 am in the Basilica of Notre-Dame de l’Assomption in Nice.
– The death toll is three: two women, one of whom had a cut throat, and a man stabbed in the church with a knife.
– The suspect has been arrested. Seriously injured, he was taken to hospital. According to the Italian Red Cross document found with him, information confirmed by the Italian authorities, he is a 21-year-old Tunisian migrant who came from Lampedusa to Italy in late September and to France. beginning of October.
– Arrived in the afternoon with Gérald Darmanin and Éric Dupond-Moretti, President of the Republic of Emmanuel Macron, denounced the “Islamist terrorist attack”.
– The national anti-terrorist prosecutor’s office takes the facts. Blatant homicide investigation launched against terrorist firm, attempted homicide against terrorist firm, and criminal association of terrorist criminals.
– The Vigipirate plan is being brought to the level of an “emergency attack” throughout the country. There will be a defense and security council meeting on Friday morning. Emmanuel Macron also announced the transition of “3,000 to 7,000 troops on our land under Operation Sentinel.”