The Hungarian low-cost carrier will open its next base in Krakow in our country (it already has them in Warsaw, Katowice, Gdask and Wrocaw). The Krakow base will be the twenty bases of the carrier. In Balice, there are 2 planes Airbus A321 – the first of them from May and the second since September 2019. The new Wizz Air investment is worth 240 million dollars and will create 80 jobs (plus about 140 in related industries).
Read these: Â Wizz Air closes one of the databases in Poland. We know which ones will disappear
In a press release, Wizz Air emphasizes its commitment to Poland. Stephen Jones, vice president of the carrier, reminds that Poland was the first market on which Wizz Air began operations in 2004.
We chose Krakw when we see the demand for cheap travel in this city. We also notice the potential of Krakow's popularity as a tourist destination as a dynamically developing business center
– says Stephen Jones.
The president of the Krakow airport, Radosaw Woszek wild, as reported by the Aviation Market website, above all the negotiating team. She emphasizes that the Wizz Air base at Krakw Airport is the result of a consistently implemented net development strategy at the Krakow airport.
Will Wizz Air's years come from Krakow? We know these starting prices
Wizz Air will start flying from Krakow airport in April mat.prasowe
Wizz Air will be flying from Krakow to the following cities:
- London (Luton) – twice a day, ticket price from 89 z;
- Kijw (uliany) – Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, price from 89 zlotys;
- Nice – roda, Sunday, price from 89 zlotys;
- Turku – roda, Sunday, price from 39 z;
- Doncaster – Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, price from 89 zlotys;
- Bari – Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, price from 89 zlotys;
- Billund – Monday, Friday, price from 39 PLN;
- Catania – Monday, Friday (from 16 September, Thursday, Saturday), price from 89 zlotys;
- Larnaca – Monday, Friday, price from 89 z;
- Kharkiv – Monday, Friday, price from 59 zlotys;
- Oslo – daily, price from 89 z;
- Kutaisi – roda, Saturday, price from 89 z.
Calls to London and Kiev will start from April 4, 2019. To Nice and Turku from May 1, to Doncaster and Bari from May 2, to Billund and Catania from May 3. Lizzaki, Kharkiv and Oslo will be able to take Wizz Airem from Krakow from the 16th of September to Kutaisi from the 18th September.
Wizz Air will close its base in Poznań and reduce the number of calls from Lublin.