A man who tried to accuse Boris Johnson of allegations that he lied during the 2016 EU referendum lost his proposal to bring the case to the Supreme Court.
Marcus Ball accused the prime minister of "abusing public trust," arguing that the NHS could get an additional £ 350 million a week after Brexit.
The Supreme Court dismissed his case in June – but Mr. Ball applied for permission to appeal to the UK's highest court.
On Wednesday, Lady Justice Rafferty rejected his request.
The proceedings were brought before the Westminster Magistrates & # 39; court in May, when Bell Bell filed for a summons, accusing Mr. Johnson of three charges of misconduct in a public office.
Mr. Johnson's lawyers have always rejected claims that he acted improperly or dishonestly in any way and challenged the case before the High Court.
Ball could still continue his legal struggle by addressing the Supreme Court directly, questioning the decision in European courts, or making another attempt to prosecute.
"It's not over yet, we don't give up," he said after the verdict after the Supreme Court. "We strive for it absolutely."
He later said in a statement: "The crime of misconduct while performing a public function has never occurred before the Supreme Court and needs their attention and explanation badly."
- Reality Check: Johnson's Brexit Claim of 350 million per week
During the referendum, the pro-Brexit Vote Leave group used £ 350 million.
He also appeared on the side of the campaign bus, which called on the UK to "finance our NHS instead."
This claim was criticized, among others, by the British statistics supervisory authority.
Ball has donated over £ 390,000 to legal fees to fight this case, arguing: "We don't send that amount of money to the EU every week.
"We have evidence that Mr. Johnson knew we didn't."
He tried to accuse Tory MP and former Mayor of London of three cases of misconduct in a public office.
However, the High Court said last month that it has not been proven that Johnson acted in public office.
Lady Justice Rafferty – one of the judges of the Supreme Court who dropped the case in June – briefly announced the decision to block the case before the Supreme Court on Wednesday.
"The application for permission to appeal to the Supreme Court was rejected," she said.